RMT Head Office
** English translation below **
An die im Streik stehenden Bahn-Arbeiter
und an ihre im Streik stehende Gewerkschaft RMT in Großbritannien
Euer Streik ist wahrlich auch für uns eine positive Nachricht und ermuntert uns in unserem eigenen Kampf gegen die Deutsche Bahn. Denn Ihr wie wir kämpfen an der gleichen Front. Die in den letzten Jahrzehnten erfolgte Privatisierung der Bahn, ob bei Euch oder bei uns, hat nicht nur uns einen kargen Lohn eingebracht, der längst nicht mehr zum Leben reicht, sondern war zum größten Schaden für das ganze Volk. Diese Privatisierung verschuldete, dass eine Handvoll Kapitalisten selbst die von uns über Jahrzehnte geschaffene Infrastruktur der Bahn, ob im Personenverkehr oder im Transport, zerstörte, dem Volk das gesellschaftliche, staatliche Verkehrswesen verschlechterte und gleichzeitig die Preise pro Fahrt erhöhte. Wie uns Arbeitern die Entlassung einbrachte und den noch Verbliebenen die Mehrarbeit bei gleichzeitiger Lohnsenkung zu einer Arbeit gemacht hat, die unmenschlich ist. Die Ruinierung der Bahn, des gesellschaftlichen Verkehrswesens durch diese kapitalistischen Milliardäre muss ein Ende finden. Denn nur im Kampf um die Wiederverstaatlichung der Bahn, um damit unsere Kampfbedingungen auch für eine Lohnerhöhung aller Arbeitenden in der Bahn zu verbessern und zu erleichtern, wird daraus wahrlich ein Kampf für das Volksinteresse und wird den Teilen des Volkes ermöglicht, damit mehr an Eure Streikfront heranzurücken und sie unterstützen zu können. Und wir Arbeiter beweisen im Kampf und im Streik: wir Arbeiter sind die Klasse, die dem Reichtum von wenigen, den Kapitalisten, den Garaus machen wird. Denn ohne die Vergesellschaftung jeder Produktion, ohne die Vergesellschaftung bei der Bahn oder in allen anderen Produktionsbetrieben durch eine Arbeiterklasse des Sozialismus wird die Bahn in Händen des Kapitals auch zu einem Transportmittel des Krieges. Wie zur Stunde die Bahnen in Europa – darunter insbesondere die deutsche – erneut zu einem Kriegsinstrument der Kriegsaggressoren werden, das Millionen Menschen tötet und den Krieg der Reichen in die ganze Welt trägt, ob nach Europa, ob in die Ukraine – einen Krieg gegen uns Arbeiter. Dass dem ein Ende gesetzt wird, darum kämpfen wir oder andere Bahnarbeiter in Europa. Und Euer Streik kann nicht nur Euch den Lohn erhöhen, sondern wir wünschen ihm, dass er dazu beiträgt, dass wir Bahnarbeiter in einer Front mit den Hafenarbeitern in dem Aufbau einer proletarischen Antikriegsfront schneller und einiger vorankommen.
In diesem Sinne: Habt Erfolg in Eurem Streik, der auch uns ermutigt, mehr als zur Stunde schon gegeben in diese Streikfront uns einzufinden.
Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt Euch!
Arbeiterbund für den Wiederaufbau der KPD
Sekretariat des ZK für Betrieb und Gewerkschaft
i.A. Gerhard Kupfer
To the striking railway workers
and their union RMT in Great Britain
Your strike is truly positive news for us too and encourages us in our own struggle against Deutsche Bahn. Because we are fighting on the same front! The privatization of the railway in recent decades, whether in your country or ours, has not only brought us a meagre wage, which is no longer enough to live, but was to the greatest detriment to the whole people.
The result of this privatization was that a handful of capitalists had destroyed the infrastructure of the railways we had created, whether in the passenger traffic or in transport. At the same time, this worsened the social state transport system for the people and at the same time increased fares. It has brought us workers layoffs, made the remaining extra work with a simultaneous reduction in wages and inhumane working conditions. The ruin of the railways and social transport by the capitalist billionaires must come to an end.
Because without at least nationalizing the railway again and thus also improving and facilitating the conditions of struggle for a wage increase for all those workers of the railway, it does truly become a struggle for the people's interest. It will enable sections of the people to approach and to support your strike more. And we workers prove in struggle and in strike that we, the workers, are the class that puts an end to the wealth of a few, namely the capitalists. For without the socialization, whether railway or all other production enterprises by a working class of socialism, the railway in the hands of capital also becomes a means of transport of war, just as at the moment the railways in Europe, including especially the German one, once again become an instrument of war aggressors, who kill millions of people and carry the war of the rich all over the world, whether in Europe, whether in Ukraine - a war against us workers.
To put an end to this, that is what we or other railway workers in Europe are fighting for. And your strike can not only increase your wages, but we hope that it will help us railway workers to move forward faster and more unitedly on a front with the docker in the construction of a proletarian anti-war front. In this sense: Have success in your strike, which also encourages us, more than in this moment already given, to get part of this strike front.
Proletarians of all countries unite!
About a Crisis
WHICH RESULTS FROM THE CHOICE BETWEEN
A FOUL APPLE AND A FOUL PEAR
Or "the peace that leads to war"
1. According to the Russian oligarch Putin, the Ukraine conflict up to the occupation of the country by the NATO-powers and on the other hand by Russia, was caused by Lenin and the Bolsheviks, through the comprehensive unification of the peoples of the old czarist peoples-prison, through the national unification in 15 republics of the USSR. With this, the counterrevolution has found the scapegoat. As proven by their deeds and attitude again, the counterrevolution rebuilds the czarist peoples-prison by celebrating the territory, during czarism as well as today, as "New Russia" - so called by the last czars and now once again 100 years after the October Revolution.
2. By the counterrevolution the achievement of the dictatorship of the proletariat was shattered into dozens of separate state-territories, among them the Ukraine. Since, without the destruction of the Soviet Union there could have been no expropriation of the people ́s property and its appropriation by a band of robbers, which had developed in and out of the CPSU. From their appearance on they have not left out a murder whilst plundering the people's property, and have not avoided a war, leading the formerly liberated into brothers` - and peoples`-wars.
3. And this war of the various cliques for land and people's property in the former Soviet Union is what creates the basis for the old war aggressors, the imperialist countries, to lay military and economic claim to the land and state territories of the former Soviet Union. As with long prepared conflicts of the NATO countries, with oligarchs, i.e. their mercenaries in individual separate "states" to fuel the civil war in these areas up to the open military intervention - with the aim to move the deployment area to the border of Russia, as part of the deployment and territorial gain for the threatening war in all of Europe.
4. And in the middle of it is German imperialism, together with
a government of SPD, Greens and FDP. So the FRG, which is the country
in Europe that destroyed the post-war order with the first annexation
after the Second Imperialist World War - from German soil - which
made an annexation by destroying the GDR. An annexation in which
the NATO attack was absent against this attack by the FRG, which
was a breach of international law and a violation of all international
treaties. Nor did the current rulers of the oligarchy raise the
slightest objection to this. Because this border shift and abolition
of an independent sovereign state territory facilitated the own
smashing of the SU into small occupied territories of the robbers
coming from socialism in alliance with the old imperialist states.
They are supported by German imperialism, a two-time war aggressor of genocide and again becoming an aggressor with open acts of war, by exporting arms, using its army against the peoples and their working classes in Ukraine and Russia and in its recognition of the anti-working class and reactionary rulers in Ukraine. In these areas of former working class power and socialism it supports their war against the workers and peoples in these countries and thus becomes a war party against the working classes of the world there and internationally, as against our own working class, and thus is a part of the war aggression. Which will find its end there and here only by the proletarians of all countries rising up together against these aggressors of war.
5. The whining (in their language called diplomacy) and open military operations of the old imperialist states with their military alliance NATO, are the howl of arsonists and warmongers against a new and young warmonger, who fears for his robbery of the people's property - i.e. Russia. The situation for the international workers' movement is truly dangerous. But there is no reason to turn to one side or the other of the warring parties, because this would be the choice between a rotten apple and a rotten pear. The working class has a fatherland only when it has overthrown and expropriated the bourgeoisie and re-established its own workers' power, the dictatorship of the proletariat, which is the solely capable of establishing and forming, as in Lenin's time, the friendship of nations on the basis of a socialist republic, with the freedom of its individual nations.* The German workers' movement and the proletariat of two countries, as a defeated and as a forcibly united class, has truly gained the experience: where the people's property, socialism is not defended by the working class and its vanguard, any peace is nothing but the peace that prepares war.
Workers` League for the
Reconstruction of the KPD
München, den 22.2.2022
* Note: The principle of the "right to secession" of each people, which we communists uphold, is difficult to apply to the "autonomy movement" on one third of the state territory of today's Ukraine. This is not only because the separation of the workers and the people from the separate state of Ukraine does not enable liberation from the Ukrainian counterrevolution, if this separation from Ukraine is accompanied by submission to another counterrevolution, the Russian counterrevolution. Nor does it represent a path to the abolition of the separate states existing under the counterrevolution in order to come closer to unification in the form of a renewed Soviet Union. But it only represents the still given weakness of the workers and other strata of the people in one third of the "state territory" of Ukraine to defeat the Ukrainian reaction and the mercenaries of imperialism, including the USA and all NATO powers, together with all workers of Ukraine and only then to help that the workers in Russia also more easily overcome and defeat their own aggressors on the revolutionary way of liberation from counterrevolution in all former republics of socialism on the territory of the USSR.